Saturday 25 May 2013

Preparation

Books I've read (or am still reading) outside of school to help me get started with Game Design.
  • "The Art of Game Design - A book of Lenses" by Jesse Schell (a book about the process of making a game, brainstorming, and the elements that a game needs to be good); brilliant book in my opinion, that definitely helped me get an idea of what I'm getting myself into, and how to handle it;
  • "Beginning of Programming with C++ for Dummies" (a great book from the Dummies series, that helped me learn the basics of programming).

    Courses
    • Game Theory online course on Coursera (a 3 month long online course on game theory - predicting and understanding the actions of players in various situations - namely games, the possible outcomes, and the payoff each player gets) in January 2013;
    • Game Theory 2 (continuation of the course in janury) in May 2013.

    Tutorials
    • I did tutorials for Photoshop - basic and advanced;
    • Blender - basics;
    • An online sketching tutorial course - basic things to help out with drawing something fast.


    Other than those, I've mostly taught myself everything else I know, or learned in school.