Saturday 25 May 2013

Software I use

  • Photoshop 6 
I've been learning to use Photoshop for quite some time, I believe I had my first tutorials and lessons 7 years ago when my father would give me tasks - to adjust levels, fix mistakes, remove labels etc on photos. And about a year ago I started using it to draw - I went through some online tutorials but have mostly been practicing myself.


  • CodeBlocks
I've only recently started doing programming, and I'm slowly but surely progressing through my book "Beginning Programming with C++ for Dummies". I'm getting accustomed to the interface and shortcuts, as well as the basics of programming and C++ grammar.


  • Blender
Blender was the first 3D program I got my hands on (besides SketchUp), as it is opensource. Though I still have a lot to learn about 3D modelling, I've gotten accustomed to the interface and controls of the program, and can perform basic things like creating simple objects, and editing those objects in various ways.


  • 3D Studio Max
Just starting, work in progress


  • SketchUp
Sketchup is a 3D modelling program slightly different than what I've seen. I was using (or more playing with) that program when I was 10 - 13 years old, and just like Photoshop I went through basic and advanced tutorials and got accustomed to it, spending a lot of my time exploring what I can do with it. And there is a lot to be done with SketchUp - it's large variety of tools focuses more on creativity and drawing in 3D out of your head, yet it can also be precise and exact like Blender, though I would probably prefer 3DSMax or Blender over it for professional modeling and school.


  • Other
I can work with basic programs like Adobe Acrobat, Libre Office (a free, slightly better version of Microsoft Office), Word and Excel and I sometimes would even use Paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.